Upgrade Your Vessels Two Way Radios to be SOLAS Compliant with MOTOTRBO
The Maritime Safety Committee (MSC) has an amended the SOLAS compliant II-2/10 regulation requiring ships to carry a minimum of two ATEX hand portable radios for each fire party of firefighters for two-way communication by the 1st July 2018.
The safety of your ship, crew, and clients is of paramount importance coupled with ensuring you meet strict IMO regulations, MOTOTRBO products will ensure you are SOLAS Compliant.
What impact will this SOLAS Regulation have an impact on me?
If your ship was constructed on or after 1st July 2014 you are required to comply. The exact amendment to the regulations is as follows:
“For ships constructed on or after 1 July 2014, a minimum of two two-way portable radiotelephone apparatus for each fire party for firefighter’s communication shall be carried on board. Those two-way portable radiotelephone apparatus shall be of an explosion-proof type or intrinsically safe. Ships constructed before 1 July 2014 shall comply with the requirements of this paragraph not later than the first survey after 1 July 2018.”
What do I need to do to my two-way radios to make sure I am SOLAS Compliant?
You need to ensure that the equipment you hold on board meets the requirements that IMO have stipulated.
DCRS can supply your staff with a range of MOTOTRBO™ Digital ATEX Hand portable radio equipment which meets the most stringent standards and has the highest ATEX rating for both Class 1 & 2 Regulations which make them the ideal edition to your SOLAS firefighters equipment.
This Motorola Solutions range also meets & exceeds MIL-STD-810 for exceptional durability and is IP68 rated to keep out damaging water and dust. The design has also been subjected to Motorola’s unique Accelerated Life Test to simulate five years of hard use.
- EMERGENCY BUTTON – Orange button on the top of the radio can be programmed to send an alert to a supervisor or dispatcher during an emergency situation
- TRANSMIT INTERRUPT – Enables a user to interrupt another radio conversation to deliver critical communication exactly when and where it’s needed
- CONNECTION TO ALARMS – With a connection to your alarm management system you will have a three-stage escalation plan to ensure you never miss a message leading to quick response times which equals less downtime and increased productivity
Need more from your MOTOTRBO SOLAS II-2/10 compliant radio system?
A MOTOTRBO radio isn’t just a voice anymore you connect any device and system to unify all of your processes, for example:
- RECEIVE IMMEDIATE NOTIFICATIONS – By integrating your radio systems into your fire alarms through a simple application we can deliver messages straight to your hand portable. Find out more here.
- VESSELWATCH – Take all or one of the functions on this multi-disciplined digital tool allowing you to create a control software suite that talks to your radio system. Find out more here.
Where can I obtain more information on becoming SOLAS II-2/10 compliant?
You can visit the IMO Website here to read the full SOLAS II-2/10 compliant requirements or alternatively you can contact us on 0800 043 2688, or via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
In the maritime industry we have worked with :
- The superyacht industry
- The cruise industry (ocean and inland)
- Commercial shipping companies/shipping agents
To view more information on the products & services we can provide you with, please click here
Do you need assistance with obtaining your SOLAS two way radios or not sure if your two-way radios are SOLAS Compliant? We Are Suitably Qualified To Answer Any Questions You May Have.