Farm Safety Week – How can your MOTOTRBO Radio System protect your Employees / Lone Workers?
On the 4th July 2018, HSE released the following information
’29 fatal injuries to agricultural workers were recorded. This sector continues to account for a large share of the annual fatality count. It has the highest rate of fatal injury of all the main industry sectors, around 18 times as high as the all-industry rate.’
MOTOTRBO voice and data radio systems do not rely on cellular/mobile phone technology and can transmit from almost anywhere; so you are not hindered by the notable rural areas of poor or no network coverage. With the added benefits of software applications, you can record, track & monitor every employee on and off-site ensuring you are meeting your responsibilities for the health, safety and welfare of your employees and any others who may be affected by what you do – giving you more than just a voice.
WATCH OUR FARM SAFETY WEEK VIDEO
We Have Worked With A Wide Variation Of Farms Of All Sizes – So We Have Put Together Our Top Tips On How You Can Maximise Your MOTOTRBO Radio Systems Potential To Ensure Your Employees Benefit And Your Site Is Safe:
1. Always ensure your Motorola Solutions MOTOTRBO two-way radio is switched on, your battery is fully charged and is in good working order before you set off. If you are experiencing complications arrange for your unit to be serviced and ensure a loan replacement is issued whilst it is being repaired.
2. Enable a lone worker/emergency button – your two-way radio is capable of working as a personal alarm. With some simple programming ( FOC at the time of purchase) we can activate a lone worker function to request an acknowledgement to confirm you are OK or a dedicated panic button on your hand portables that will allow you initiate an emergency sequence. Should you choose, we can install lone worker software which provides a fully transparent reporting history for insurance mitigation purposes – find out more about this here.
3. Consider GPS Enabled Units – no matter where you are your last known position can be seen through a dedicated PC/ Cloud-Based Software. This can also assist in insurance mitigation.
5. Utilise other features & functions that your MOTOTRBO radio can give you instead of multiple devices, such as Text Messaging, Job Allocation or Phone calls. You can also connect into existing building alarms, machinery alarms, traffic machinery, scada …. the list is endless, learn more here.
6. Link Multiple Sites / Wide Areas – By utilising IP Site Connect we can expand your reach and connect all of your sites to work as one.
7. Open doors/gates/barriers using software that will communicate with your MOTOTRBO radios whilst you are on or off site.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
As Farm Safety Week covers a wide variation of topics, they have one message to deliver – top tips on how to keep your employees and lone workers safe.
Take a look at Yellow Wellies post about this week’s Farm Safety Week here
Talk to us today about how we can assist you in meeting your farm’s health & safety criteria and agricultural communication requirements. We Are Always Available Online To Chat With You. Alternatively,
Book An Appointment | Arrange A Quote | Talk To Us 0800 043 2688