This series of intelligent voice & data hand portable two-way radios from Motorola Solutions come in either a standard or GPS model and have available a number of safety features which we can activate at any point to protect your lone workers and ensure they always have a means of communication open to them which isn’t reliant on a cellular signal or WIFI connection.
The MOTOTRBO DP4000e Series is based on –
- MOTOTRBO DP4400e and DP4401e – No screen or keypad (GPS model)
- MOTOTRBO DP4600e and DP4601e – Screen and half keypad (GPS model)
- MOTOTRBO DP4800e and DP4801e – Screen and full keypad (GPS model)
- MOTOTRBO DP4401 ATEX – No screen or keypad (GPS model)
- MOTOTRBO DP4801 ATEX – Screen and full keypad (GPS model)
MOTOTRBO LONE WORKER SAFETY FEATURES
- Radio Check – this feature allows you to determine if another radio is active in a system without disturbing the user of that radio. No audible or visual notification is shown on the target radio.
- Remote Monitor – use the remote monitor feature to turn on the microphone of a target radio (subscriber alias or IDs only). No audible or visual indication is given to the target radio. You can use this feature to monitor, remotely, any audible activity surrounding the target radio. Your radio must be programmed to allow you to use this feature.
- MOTOTRBO Emergency Button – by programming the MOTOTRBO hand portables orange button you have a quick way to call for help. This feature raises an emergency if there is no user activity, such as any radio button press or activation of the channel selector, for a predefined time. Before raising the emergency, when the inactivity timer expires, the radio warns the user via an audio indicator. If there is still no acknowledgement by the user before the predefined reminder timer expires, the radio initiates an Emergency Alarm. Only one of the following Emergency Alarms can be assigned to this feature:
- Emergency Alarm
- Emergency Alarm with Call
- Emergency Alarm with Voice to Follow
The radio remains in the emergency state allowing voice messages to proceed until action is taken. Your radio must be programmed to allow you to use this feature.
- MOTOTRBO Man Down – the purpose of the Man Down Alarms is to alert others when you might be in danger. This is accomplished by programming your radio to detect a certain angle of tilt, lack of movement, or movement, depending on which Man Down Alarm(s) is/are enabled. If your radio detects a disallowed movement type, and if the condition is not corrected in a certain period of time, the radio starts to play an Alert Tone (if programmed). At this point, you should immediately take one or more of the corrective actions discussed below, depending on which Man Down Alarm(s) has/have been enabled for your radio. If you do not take corrective action within a certain period of time, your radio automatically starts an Emergency (either an Emergency Call or Emergency Alert):
- Tilt Alarm – when your radio is tilted at or beyond a specified angle for a period of time, it plays an alert tone – to prevent the radio from automatically starting an EmergencyCall or Emergency Alert, restore the radio to the vertical position immediately
- Anti-Movement Alarm – when your radio is motionless for a period of time, it plays an Alert Tone (if programmed). To prevent the radio from automatically starting an Emergency Call orEmergency Alert, move the radio immediately.
- Movement Alarm – When your radio is in motion for a period of time, it plays an Alert Tone (if programmed). To prevent the radio from automatically starting an Emergency Call or Emergency Alert, stop the radio’s motion immediately.
Your radio must be programmed to allow you to use this feature.
MOTOTRBO WORKER SAFETY SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS
Alongside Motorola Solutions MOTOTRBO safety features you can also consider software applications to enhance your radio system and eliminate the need to carry multiple devices, these include but are not limited to:
- MOTOTRBO IP Site Connect removes all issues you may experience with other technologies such as physical barriers, manual intervention for roaming, limited coverage or lost functionality. And then there was the bonus of no monthly service or access fees to factor in.
- Lone Worker – by utilising alongside our lone worker app you will have a fully recordable and reportable system which can assist with insurance mitigation, no hefty monthly tariff charges and position reporting utilising the two-way radios built-in GPS location data information which is sent a to a central point during an emergency situation.
- iBeacons – suitable for indoor & outdoor location tracking, these small, battery-operated units broadcast their unique identifier over Bluetooth. The radio continually listens for the iBeacons, and periodically sends a report over the MOTOTRBO™ data channel to the application.
You can view all available applications here